Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Core Bamboo Review: 10488AM Amazon Exclusive Bamboo Cutting Board Set, 3-Piece



This is a user review for the Core Bamboo 10488AM Amazon Exclusive Bamboo Cutting Board Set, 3-Piece, ordered from Amazon.

These are the types of wooden bamboo cutting boards I want! They are just the right size and they sturdy enough for my heavy chopping work. However, they don't look all that pleasing (in my opinion, at least), but aesthetics is not something that's important in my household.

If it can withstand the power of a butcher knife, then it's something my family can keep and use.

I have to say though that I'm not very pleased with how warped this product has gotten after a few months of using. It might be the type of bamboo they use or something, but comparing my bamboo cutting board with the picture above and it looks discolored and different. Maybe that's just how all bamboo cutting boards are after a few months of use?

There also seems to be a bit of splintering on the corners, but that's probably because of my mishandling when I'm cutting food with the knife.

Below are the Pros and Cons of the core bamboo cutting board:

Pros of Core Bamboo Cutting Board

  • Very sturdy and long lasting
  • Comes in just the right sizes
  • Fair price (under $20.00 on Amazon, excluding shipping and handling)
  • They have a very "smooth" feeling
  • "Corner holes" allow hanging.
  • They come in just the right sizes.

Cons of Core Bamboo Cutting Board

  • I'm sorry to say, but this bamboo is a bit ugly, haha.
  • They seem very prone to fading.
  • Wood seems to warp after a few months of use.
  • They must be oiled regularly to keep shine.
  • I tend to...taste...things that I've cut before (like garlic, bleh)
Overall this is still a great bamboo cutting board. This is definitely something that you should consider getting off of Amazon. I have used it and will continue using it until the warped-ness starts to irritate me, haha!

You can buy the product clicking on the image below:


If for some reason the image is not loading, you can buy the product off of amazon BY CLICKING HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment